New PAN Application Processing Procedure / Steps
A New PAN Application for new / fresh PAN card is processed step by step. For that following procedure and steps are followed if application is processed by NSDL e-Gov. :-
1. As per the procedure prescribed by the ITD, the application for allotment of PAN is required to be made in Form 49A (form 49AA for non-citizens of India ).
2. A duly filled aforesaid application form along with prescribed documents [Proof of Identity (POI), Proof of Address (POA) and Proof of Date of Birth (PODB)] has to be submitted by the New PAN Application at the nearest TIN-Facilitation Centers and PAN centers.
3. Such New PAN Application can be sent / submitted directly or through any online/offline service provider. Personal attendance of the applicant is not required.
4. Application processing fee (inclusive of service tax) is payable.
5. The Tin-Facilitation center (TIN-FC) / PAN centre ensures that the mandatory fields in the PAN application form are complete. Copy/(ies) of the prescribed supporting documents [Proof of Identity (POI), Proof of Address (POA) and Proof of Date of Birth (PODB)] attached withe application. Indicating details (i.e. Applicant Name, Address, Date of Birth etc.) as mentioned in the application form are submitted by or on behalf of the applicant along with the PAN application.
6. In case, any discrepancy is found in the New PAN Application form and / or supporting documents submitted by or on behalf of the applicant. The application will be rejected by TIN-Facilitation Centre / PAN Centers. The discrepancy observed in the PAN application will be intimated to applicant personally or at the address mentioned in the application. And non- acceptance memo is also issued. In any condition, defective application is not accepted / processed by the TIN-Facilitation Centre / PAN Centers.
7. On successful completion of the scrutiny by TIN-Facilitation Center, a 15 digit acknowledgement is issued in the name of applicant by the TIN-Facilitation Centers.
8. After acceptance of New PAN Application by issuing issuance of 15 digit acknowledgement, the PAN application is digitized and validated by TIN-Facilitation Centers.
9. Thereafter, application is again scrutinized by the controlling office of the TIN-Facilitation Centre. In case, any discrepancy is found in the application form and / or supporting documents attached to the application by the controlling office, the application will be kept on hold until the defects are removed by the TIN-FC. Reasons for keeping on hold are intimated to concerned TIN-Facilitation Centre . After removal of defects by the TIN-FC, application is forwarded to Central System of NSDL e-Gov. Where application is again scrutinized.
10. In case, any discrepancy is found in the application form and / or supporting documents attached to the application by the Central System of NSDL e-Gov.. The application will be again put on hold by the Central System of NSDL e-Gov. . The discrepancy / defect observed in the PAN application will be intimated online as well as offline to applicant at the address mentioned in the application . The application is further processed only upon receiving the prescribed documents / complete information to match the application / request for PAN Card received from or on behalf of the Applicant.
11. After the satisfaction and clearance of NSDL e-Gov., NSDL e-Gov. forwards the application / data to the Income Tax Department (ITD) for allotment of PAN (Permanent Account Number) which is allotted by the ITD only.
12. After the satisfaction and clearance of Income Tax Department, PAN (Permanent Account Number) is allotted by the Income Tax Department and communicated to NSDL e-Gov. for printing and dispatching the PAN Card to the applicant through courier / postal services.
13. Finally, PAN Card is dispatched and delivered to the applicant only through courier / postal services on given address.
14. In case of non-delivery or mis-delivery of pancard or return of pan card, applicant can make request for ensured delivery of pan card by sending the e-mail at email@example.com . Applicant can also lodge online complaint through complaint.org.in .